Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mommy Dearest

By Julia

For the past few years, I've always wanted to give my mom the best mother's day present.
I haven't found the best, but I always put thought into it and that's what counts.



This is a card I made my mother for mothers day. Yes, I'm in a Chinese language class. I think that Chinese characters a beautiful; My card says "Happy mother's day, I love you, You are the best mom ever. Love, Julia."  With the card, I'm giving my mom a gift card to a nice spa; she loves to be pampered!


Embellish Spa
This is a boutique and spa in Austin. It has a super cute girlie flare to it.

By Soraya

Like Julia, I'm a huge fan of homemade cards.  It shows your mom that you care and allows you to personalize the message just for her- rather than simply signing a generic Hallmark card.  Another great idea is flowers, which we all turn to in a time of doubt.  My favorite flower to give to my mom is an orchid.  They're gorgeous and require minimal watering.

via Weheartit.com

We're also quite familiar with our mom's favorite fragrances or lotions.  This mother's day, I'm getting my mom products from her favorite Thyme's line called Kimono Rose.  With this, there's 100% satisfaction guaranteed. 


via Carolandco.com

Now remember, and I'm pretty sure that you've heard this a million times, you don't have to break the bank to give your mom a memorable mother's day.  A couple small gifts are perfect, but a day spent with her is much more valuable.

No comments:

Post a Comment