Thursday, May 26, 2011

Strange Talk

By Soraya



This Melbourne based band has become an instant favorite of mine.  Many have said that if Phoenix and Yeasayer were to get married, Strange Talk would be their golden child.  Their music is a mixture of indie rock and electronic beats- a delightful combination.


I stumbled upon them when I was downloading songs from the Foster The People album on iTunes.  At first, the quartet's music sounded like a catchy song you'd hear browsing the racks at Hollister.  I almost shook off the impulse to spend more money buying more songs than I'd limited myself to, but the more I listened, the more I couldn't get enough of the up-tempo tracks.  The lead vocals did resonate the unique tone of Thomas Mars, Mr. Phoenix himself, as I had read in an article.  In fact, I'd say that I'm much more fond of this new band than Mars; and I was obsessed with Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix.  I decided that these songs would easily become hits on a party playlist and that I had to have them... best. choice. ever.


Strange Talk has only recently released a self-titled EP, but I look forward to a full length album- which I will definitely be pre-ordering.  Though it was extremely hard to pick, here's my favorite song from the EP:



No comments:

Post a Comment