When the hot and sticky months come along, you may find yourself struggling to fix your melting makeup. However, a few simple changes can take all that wasted time away. Here are a few painters to keep your makeup looking fresh, clean, and current this summer:
1. Don't skip the primer! It'll keep your makeup on for a longer period of time, especially in the summer when you tend to sweat it off.
(Smashbox's Photo Finish & Bare Escentual's Prime Time)
2. Switch to tinted moisturizers instead of foundation. They're much lighter, don't look cakey, and can include a great deal of much-needed SPF.
(Philosophy's The Supernatural & Josie Maran tinted moisturizer)
3. Bronzing: Don't go Jersey Shore! Bronzer has the potential to give everyone a healthy looking glow- but remember to apply only where it looks natural. And of course, make sure it compliments your skin tone. A little can go a long way.
(Sephora Collection Sun Disk & Smashbox Bronze Lights)
4. Blot! You do NOT want to end up looking like a literal hot mess. Always have a stash of blotting paper on hand.
(This is pretty self-explanatory)
5. Waterproof your look; especially mascara. Also lighten up on eye makeup. Summer months make everyone more prone to raccoon eyes.
(Lancome Definicils High Definition Waterproof Mascara & Urban Decay's Cannonball )