Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Duck... Duck... DOONEY

By Julia


"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." ~ Coco Chanel
In my opinion, what can be more classy than Dooney & Bourke? 

First, a little history lesson on one of my favorite handbag designers: Peter Dooney and Frederic Bourke.  They started off with two introductory products: surcingle belts, which were popular due to their unique vibrant colors and stripes, and classic suspenders.



It! denim shorts, Minnetonka moccasins, vintage shirt, vintage Dooney & Bourke bag

This is a vintage Dooney and Bourke bag that my mom gave to me. It's my favorite bag because it works anywhere. It's a good color leather and has a crossbody strap which is a must (for me). I love the embossed oval duck logo on the purse front and a hanging metal "All Weather Leather" tag.… very preppy 80's.


Here are some D & B bags:


Medium Drawstring Bag
via Dooney & Bourke online store
'Saddle' Crossbody Bag
via Nordstrom.com
   
'Duck' Mini Crossbody Bag
via Nordstrom.com
 





No comments:

Post a Comment